Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 22, 2023 at 6:33 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 22, 2023

Jesus says in John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” In Christ, we have both security and adventure (the abundant life). I have never thought about it as the contrast between a secure, but “bovine,” empty, and dull boring life, and a fun and active life of both security and new adventures. The Christian life is secure and can be full of fun (new adventures), if our base camp In Christ is well established.

This is why I say, I want to go out with my boots on. I want to wear out not rust out. I want to live life fully, love deeply, and leave a legacy. I don’t want to be like a cow, content to sit placidly, and just chew my cud with an expanding girth and narrowing horizons. I want to passionately embrace my life in Christ and pursue new adventures and widening horizons for as long as I live. Like JD, I want to live a consecrated life of simple obedience and extravagant love, and I pray that God will show me the next adventure He has in store for me small or big.

P.S. In that regard, I am leaving today for Arkansas for my next adventure, a three day Duck hunt with my sons, so I may be late in sharing my reflections on the Daily Wake-Up Call. I am definitely too old for this, but I am doing it anyhow, because I know it will be a great adventure that my boys will talk about long after I am gone.