Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 26, 2023 at 11:11 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 26, 2023

I can’t think of anything that is really “blowing my mind” today. The epiphanies that JD is sharing today are very familiar to me. I know the “kingdom is here and now—today, and that there is no better place than where I am and what I am doing to declare and demonstrate it.” The Kingdom of God exist in me and I carry it wherever I go and into whatever I am doing.

Where I struggle and perhaps want to push back a little is the idea that, “Jesus didn’t come to help the poor. He came to be the poor.” I don’t think of Jesus as poor and I think He came for all people, rich or poor, because as JD says, “He spent his time moving among the rich and the poor as though there were no fundamental difference between them.” I don’t use ministering to the poor as a spiritual litmus test.

I don’t like to drive around looking at rich or poor neighborhoods for that matter. I try not to make any distinctions between the rich and the poor. I do not define poverty based on the amount of power, wealth or possessions a person has. Poverty for me is determined by wether or not you are In Christ and wether you are living in God’s Will and in accordance with His Word.

Having said that, I believe Jesus clearly teaches that we are to look out for the interest of others, especially the least among us, rich or poor. In my view, following Christ means that you realize that it’s not all about you and that you are no better or worse than anyone else. That you look on all of humanity with compassion and make no distinctions. This is where I fall short from more often than I want to.