Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 28, 2023 at 6:01 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 27, 2023

Several things jump out at me this morning. First, spiritual authority “is the physically embodied presence of God in the person of Jesus Christ declaring, delineating, and demonstrating the kingdom of heaven in the power of the Holy Spirit.” I call this type of authority anointing.

Secondly, everyone can have this same authority and it is not just the domain of the “Ordained.” We are all called to be agents of Christ. Now that is mind blowing. I can have the same authority to heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, and cast out demons (Matthew 10:8)? If that is the case, why does it not happen more often?

Some (Dispensationalist) would say it is because that authority was only given to the Apostles. Others say it is demonstrated through our advances in modern medicine, which are based on our God given abilities. I can only come up with two reasons. Either we don’t have the anointing or we are not exercising it. Sometimes, I think we spend too much time just beholding what Christ did and not enough time practicing it, especially in the synagogue (church). What do you think?