Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 29, 2023 at 5:58 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 29, 2023

For me there is a difference in adventure and escape. It is ok to get away from it all for a short period of time, and even let your hair down a little, but when you return to reality it should be a satisfying experience. If your escape (adventures) are something that do not satisfy or has negative consequences, then it is an exercise in futility and leaves you empty or worse. This is usually caused by excessive self-indulgence in food, drink, activity or licentious behavior. All things are permissible, but not all things are profitable (1 Corinthians 6:12, 10:23).

I believe the goal should be to make our everyday life an adventure. I have found that the best way to do that is to abide In Christ. If you remain In Christ, you will be less likely to engage in self indulgence and you will be content with what you have. You will cherish your relationship with Christ and others over everything else. You will find true satisfaction that you won’t want to escape and when you do get away for an adventure, you won’t dread returning to your true life.