Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 30, 2023 at 5:49 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, January 30, 2023

What I always notice in this text is that Jesus, “rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Messiah.” Why is that? The answer given is that it was not yet His time, “So Jesus said to them, “My time is not yet here, but your time is always ready” (John 7:6, NASB).

The other thing that I notice in this passage is that they waited until sunset, until the Sabbath was over to bring the sick and demon possessed to Jesus to be healed (Luke 4:30). What occurs to me is that we tend to wait when we should act. We hesitate or allow other things or events to distract us when our “time is always ready.”

I am not suggesting that we should rush into things or get out ahead of the Holy Spirit, but when He speaks we need to act regardless of the time or place. For example, if you are following me, you will recall that I shared about an encounter I had with a young women outside a bar and grill who was visibly upset. She had recently lost her Mother or that is what she said. I sensed that there was more than that going on. I told her that I was sorry for her loss and that I would pray for her. Ever since then, the Holy Spirit has been saying to me, why did you not lay hands on her and pray for her healing? I will let you answer that question.