Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 2, 2023 at 6:21 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, February 2, 2023

There is a lot to take in from JD’s reflections and his “working theory.” Traditionally, I have just focused on the four men and their desperate and determined efforts to bring their friend to the feet of Jesus for healing. Oh that I would have the same passion and determination to bring myself and others to Jesus for healing. Instead, I am either too busy with other things or I am distracted by my sinful nature and false self. I fear failure, so I don’t just trust and obey.

I find JD’s working theory interesting and hopeful. Jesus embodied Divine Love and He did teach that everywhere He went. Divine Love (God’s Love) is the more excellent way (1 Corinthians 12:31, 13:1-13). I believe the how of Divine Love and the main thing that Jesus taught is, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel” (Mark 1:15). Unless we repent and believe in the gospel, we cannot be born again, love God, love ourselves, and love others with Divine Love.

JD’s question, “What do you think awakening might look like in today’s complex context” is worthy of consideration. I think it could be many things, but at the end of the day it comes down to a matter of being and doing. “It is being in a relationship of loving union with God that manifest itself in Christlike living in the world” (Mulholland, 2006). As JD often says in his closing prayer “I want to live a consecrated life of simple obedience and extravagant love. Show me the next small thing. Come Holy Spirit, I am ready to move with you. Praying in Jesus’s name, amen.”