Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 4, 2023 at 6:02 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, February 4, 2023

I have never been involved in prison Ministry. I have never felt called to do so. When I have read stories like this in the past, I have sometimes felt that I was not really ministering because I didn’t get involved with these kinds of ministries.

I no longer feel that way. I admire and support those that are called to prison ministry, but I don’t compare myself to them or feel compelled to join them. We all have different gifts and different callings, but we are all called to disciple makers, mentors, and spiritual parents to those we are led by God to minister to. Every time I try to minister in an area that others think I should or because I feel pressured to do so by comparing myself to others, it doesn’t end well.

In my experience, God will make it clear to you what your calling is and He will lead you to those He wants you to minister to. You just need to be awake (not self-absorbed), paying attention, spiritually prepared, and obedient to His call and leading. You are His agent in whatever context He has placed you in. Lord, let it be so with me.