Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 5, 2023 at 6:39 am

The Seedbed Daily Wake-Up Call, February 5, 2023

In Christ, we have freedom from the wages of sin, which is eternal death. We have eternal life. That doesn’t mean we are without sin and it is a given that our sins will find us out. It means that the wages of sin have been cancelled for those In Christ (believers). When believers sin there will be consequences, but not eternal death. The Law of Sin and death has been conquered for believers by Christ’s death on the Cross.

We don’t abide In Christ because if we don’t God is going judge and condemn us for our sins. John 3:18 says, “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” And as E. Stanley Jones says in today’s reading, “You are not punished so much for your sin as you are punished by your sin. Sin and its punishment are the same.”

We punish our selves when we sin and the results are decay and destruction and our sins can lead to physical death, but not eternal death. That is really good news, but it is no excuse to continue to sin. It’s a fool that continues to do things that are harmful. “For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them. It has happened to them according to the true proverb, “A dog returns to its own vomit,” and, “A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire” (2 Peter 2:21-22, NASB).

True acceptance of God’s Grace and abiding In Christ will lead us to holiness, purity, and Christ like living in the world. We will want to consecrate ourselves; lift our hearts to Jesus; set our minds on Him; fix our eyes on Him; and offer ourselves as a living and Holy sacrifice to Him, because we belong to Him. Lord, let it be so with me!