Reply To: Advent Devotions

• gillian-faith

December 13, 2023 at 10:01 am

Dec/13

I very well may just be writing this as my form of venting of how hard it was for me to get out of bed this morning (sorry😅) but what I really appreciate from the passage is how it reminds me of the power of reflection and how reflection can be a good way to come back to trusting and rejoicing in God presence. “on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy“ (lines 2-4) I assume this part of the passage is glofifying of, and speaking to God, but it makes me think of the joy I experience when realizing that the grass is showing meaning that it‘s spring time again and winter is leaving. It reminds me how even through the coldest, darkest, grumpiest times of my life God is still there even when I can‘t feel him or when I am losing hope. To answer the prompt, that is the unique way I feeling God right now encouraging me to reflect on the moments of my life where any struggle I went through, turned out to be okay and eventually dissolved into the period of rejoicing that the reading also describes. Reflection can lead to the doubting of oneself but reflection can also help me identifying that all feelings and circumstances are temporary; furthermore, giving me the ability to rejoice in suffering.

P.s- I will try to be better about reading these consistently😂 I‘ve had a rough … everything for a bit🥲