- United Methodist churches trying to navigate the current divisions in the church
- Churches to read together during the discernment process
- A small group of local pastors to read and discuss
- A pastor’s bookshelf
In these pages you’ll . . .
- Become encouraged by a compelling vision for the future of the church
- Hear from pastors and leaders across the country, each focusing on a different aspect of the church
About the Book
What does the future hold for The United Methodist Church? It is the question being asked all around our denomination. What should be the response to the competing visions and notable division within contemporary Methodism in North America? Can we explore the issues confronting us in a post-Christendom era without rupturing our relationships?
This carefully curated volume engages the deep heart questions of United Methodists and casts a compelling vision by trustworthy voices for dynamic faith. Contributors explore the power of classic ideas such as:
- The Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Engaging scripture meaningfully
- The power of the Holy Spirit
- The promise of sanctification
- Living with undivided purpose
- Fostering dynamic discipleship
- The gift of the global church
This resource is a useful tool not only in navigating present challenges but in pursuing the future promise for the people called Methodists. The foundational principles that have guided Methodist thought from the beginning of John Wesley’s countercultural movement remain rich resources as we explore what it means to remain faithful disciples in the tradition of the Wesleys.
Preview the first chapter here.
Note: The sessions in this video resource are presented exclusively by Rev. Jessica LaGrone, Dean of Chapel at Asbury Theological Seminary.
Sample Video Session
- Length: 8 chapters/sessions
- Page count: 127
- DVD accompaniment: Encouraged (especially for study groups) — 8, 10-12 minute sessions
You May Also Like
- The Rise of Theological Liberalism and Decline of American Methodism by James V. Heidinger
- Seeing Black and White in a Gray World by Bill Arnold
- Into the Light: Healing Sexuality in Today’s Church by Mark Ongley
- The Call to Holiness by Timothy Tennent