- The Christian New Year Daily Text book (and, since Advent has begun, we’ll include a PDF of the book so you can read along while you wait for the book to arrive)
- Four Weekly Advent Teaching Sessions with J.D. Walt (via on demand video)
- A daily morning Zoom at 7:00am CT with J.D. Walt to read the text, pray, and declare our faith together (approximately 30 minutes—meets 25 times)
- Access to a private Facebook group for On Demand viewing of morning sessions and community conversation
About the Experience
Happy New Year Christian!
But it’s not January 1, you say. For the followers of Jesus, the new year begins with Advent. And what a beginning it is as we start by looking to the very end of the age and the second coming of Christ. Advent issues a clarion call to wake from our slumber, realign life, and get in step with the Holy Spirit. The Christian New Year unfolds a journey from the second coming all the way to Bethlehem and the first coming, setting the stage for the year ahead. Gather with family, friends, and neighbors and take the journey together. Our calendar is the most important document in life for it reveals to us how we spend the most valuable thing we have: our time. The Christian New Year will help us understand our calendar like never before and live into our times with the fullness of life.
About the Author
J.D. Walt serves as the “Sower-in-Chief” for Seedbed whose sole ambition is to “sow for a great awakening,” by developing theological and ministry training resources for the local church. A sought after speaker and conference leader, a published author and songwriter, J.D. is also the voice of Seedbed’s Daily Text. He hails from Dumas, Arkansas and currently resides in Franklin, Tennessee with his family.
- Length: 25 daily readings
- Trim size: 5×8
- Video accompaniment: Yes—digital videos included free with book purchase