- Small groups (book includes daily exercises and reflection prompts; accompanying DVD sold separately)
In these pages you’ll:
- Gain and better understanding about the character of Jesus
- Explore passages from the four gospels that highlight Jesus’s life
- Discover practical, proven ways to encounter Jesus today
About the Book
Encounter Jesus is an eight-week Bible study and video series that teaches and encourages you to walk with THE Jesus of the Bible and not just the Jesus you want him to be. In this study, Moore explores eight passages from across the four gospels, each highlighting a key facet of Jesus’s life and work. The video sessions are 30 minutes each with an accompanying workbook that offers a daily study and faith exercises. Encounter Jesus is an outstanding book for personal, small group, or church-wide use.*
Preview the first week here.
Sample Video Session
About the Author
Carolyn Moore, an evangelist, church planter and disciple-maker, is the founding pastor of Mosaic United Methodist Church in Augusta, Georgia. She is an ordained elder in the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church and received a Master of Divinity degree from Asbury Theological Seminary.
Kris Key serves on staff at Trinity on the Hill United Methodist Church in Augusta, Georgia. She is an ordained deacon in the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church and has a Christian Education degree from United Theological Seminary.
- Length: 8 chapters and/or 8 weeks of group study
- Page count: 111
- DVD accompaniment: Highly recommended — 8, 30 minute sessions
You May Also Like
- Encounter the Spirit by Carolyn Moore
- Encounter the Father by Carolyn Moore
- The Gospel of Jesus by Ben Witherington
- The Great Reversal: The Life & Death of Jesus (Love Lab) by Matt LeRoy
What People are Saying. . .
“I have longed to encounter Jesus on a personal level from the moment I first accepted Him into my heart. This study helped me become more aware and in-tune with my Lord every day, not just Sundays!” – Whitney Shepard“This in-depth Bible study has touched my heart, encouraged me and challenged me to trust in the loving presence of Christ in all seasons of life.” – Angie Haywood“The study, Encounter Jesus, truly is an “Encounter” with the living Christ. I don’t think there was a woman in our group that did not experience the presence of God at some point during our study. We were encouraged to develop a discipline of silence and spend time listening for God’s voice with our hearts. God truly does speak when we choose to listen. This is not just a one-time Bible study. I could read this again and again with its scripture references and “Encounter Jesus” at any point along life’s journey.” – Jennifer Moore