About the Course
Time is not a scarce commodity to be managed, it is a gift to be received and given. This course is for anyone who would like to learn how to unlock the most sacred resource of our lives and move into a place of abundance with respect to our calendars. How to Take a Real Sabbath Rest will offer you a fresh understanding of biblical teaching on Sabbath and help you transcend legalistic observance and into a life which treasures how family, faith, and food can reorient us to God.
- Gain a whole new understanding of the mystery of time and how it works according to the Bible
- Appreciate how Sabbath forms our identity and vocation as Christians being conformed to the image of God
- Get tools for making Sabbath real and tangible in your life as well as those you love
About the Teacher
DAN WILT is an author, worship leader, teacher, and encourager of pastors and creative leaders. Dan has impacted thousands over his three decades in ministry, across diverse streams of the Church in the US, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, and Brazil. He serves on the Seedbed Farm Team as a creator and minister to leaders.
SPECIAL GUESTS AND CONTRIBUTORS
J.D. WALT serves as the “Sower-in-Chief” for Seedbed whose sole ambition is to “sow for a great awakening,” by developing theological and ministry training resources for the local church. A sought after speaker and conference leader, a published author and songwriter, J.D. is also the voice of Seedbed’s Daily Text. He hails from Dumas, Arkansas and currently resides in Houston, Texas with his family.
TARA BETH LEACH is a pastor, preacher of the Word, and a writer. She speaks widely at conferences, retreats, and universities across America on Women in Ministry, Church Leadership, and the call to be a Radiant Witness. She is a pastor at Christ Church of Oak Brook in the western suburbs of Chicago. She previously served as senior pastor of First Church of the Nazarene of Pasadena (“PazNaz”) in Southern California. She is a graduate of Olivet Nazarene University and Northern Theological Seminary. She is the author of Emboldened, Radiant Church, and Forty Days on Being a Six. She has two beautiful and rambunctious sons, and has been married to the love of her life, Jeff, since 2006.
MATTHEW SLEETH, MD, serves as Executive Director of Blessed Earth. A former emergency room physician and chief of the hospital medical staff, he resigned from his position to teach, preach, and write about faith and health. Dr. Sleeth has spoken at more than a thousand churches, campuses, and events, including serving as a monthly guest preacher at the Washington National Cathedral. Recognized by Newsweek as one of the nation’s most influential Christian leaders, Dr. Sleeth lives in Lexington, Kentucky, with Nancy, his wife of more than forty years. Their grown children serve with their families in full-time parish ministry and as medical missionaries in Africa.
GO DEEPER! Add the Practicum with J.D. Walt
For those wanting more from the course, we’ve created a special opportunity for you!
Select the “Course Access + Practicum with J.D. Walt” option for the course, and you’ll get THREE EXTRA sessions helping you deeply integrate the teaching into your daily life.
- Three extra one-hour sessions with J.D. Walt helping you take what you’ve learned and put it into practice
- Conversations with others establishing Sabbath rest rhythms
- Follow-up encouragement to help you sustain new rhythms in your life
Those registering for the Course + Practicum experience will meet on three consecutive Monday nights following the course from 6:00-7:00pm (Nov. 7, 14, 21).
Get the Course + Practicum with JD Walt!
- How long is the course? The course is comprised of three 90 minute-long sessions over three weeks.
- What are the live meeting dates? We’ll gather live on October 17, 24, and 31 (all Mondays) from 6:00-7:30pm CT.
- What if I can’t attend a live session? No problem! All sessions will be recorded and made available in your my.seedbed.com account following the live gathering. You’ll still receive all the extra videos, content, and course emails.
- What’s the “practicum” option? If you purchase the “practicum” variant for an additional $50, you’ll participate in an additional three Monday night expanded sessions led by J.D. Walt. These extra sessions will give you an opportunity to further process what you’ve learned throughout the course, while exploring practical methods of putting this important means of grace into practice in your own life. Although the session will be recorded and provided afterward, you’re strongly encouraged to make time to attend these sessions live, as there will be quite a bit of “hands on” and group work during the meeting. The dates for these expanded sessions are November 7, November 14, and November 21 from 6:00-7:00pm CT.
- Are scholarships available? Yes! We have a limited number of scholarship seats, so please only take one if you have a true need, real interest in the topic, and intend to really engage the content. If the scholarship option shows as “sold out,” all the seats have been claimed. Note: Scholarships only apply to the primary course. No scholarships are available for the practicum.