Pastors and leaders: Check out the Listen to Him Church-wide Lenten Study Kit
- A Lenten study
- Daily devotional readings
- Sunday school classes
- Small groups (including class meetings and band meetings)
- Seedbed Daily Text readers
In these pages you’ll:
- Follow the gospel story from Luke 9:18 through Luke 24:8, beginning atop Transfiguration Mountain and finishing up with the Resurrection
- Let not only the words, but the journey of the Gospel itself serve as your discipleship curriculum
- Read a text, pray, and reflect on questions (all provided)
About the Book
It happened on perhaps the best day of his life so far’the day before the day Jesus would make the journey to the worst day of his life. Jesus and three of his disciples gathered on a high mountain where Jesus was transfigured right before their eyes. The voice of God spoke three thunderously piercing words into he minds and hearts of those disciples. They were as follows:
LISTEN TO HIM.
Those words now come to us, the present-day disciples of Jesus. The forty days of Lent open up a journey for the top of Transfiguration Mountain to the bottom of the Valley of the Cross. These forty days provide forty steps, if you will, to lean in and listen deeply to Jesus. As we do so we find the way of the cross is the road to resurrection. Listening to Jesus—it’s our highest calling to the lowest place where we discover our lives transformed and our worst days breaking forth into our best life.
Week One (optional) Video
About the Author
J.D. Walt serves as the “Sower-in-Chief” for Seedbed whose sole ambition is to “sow for a great awakening,” by developing theological and ministry training resources for the local church. A sought after speaker and conference leader, a published author and songwriter, J.D. is also the voice of Seedbed’s Daily Text. He hails from Dumas, Arkansas and currently resides with his family in Franklin, Tennessee.
- Length: 40 days
- Page count: 185
- Trim size: 5×8
- DVD accompaniment: Optional’six, 10-15 minute videos