- Small groups (each week includes a group discussion guide; DVD sold separately)
- Groups that are unfamiliar with the Bible or lack a strong foundation in the big story of Scripture
- Newcomer classes
- Wednesday night studies and/or Sunday school classes requiring approximately 90-minutes of meeting time
In these pages you’ll:
- Learn the overarching story of the Bible from Creation to New Creation in ten weeks
- Study, learn, and live out 50 key truths drawn from the central passages of the Old and New Testament
- Be transformed to live a missional lifestyle shaped by the way of Jesus
About the Study
What is the Bible’s message? How does it all fit together? In what ways does it speak to women and men hungry for truth in the 21st century?
In Invitation, Dr. Brian D. Russell serves as your guide through the narrative of Scripture: Creation, the Fall of Humanity, the Calling of Israel, the Life, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Sending of the Church, and New Creation. Through ten chapters divided into five daily readings, Invitation covers the core content of the Bible with an emphasis on God’s mission and the role of God’s people in living as a holy community for the sake of the world. The goal of the Invitation is not merely information—it seeks the transformation of readers as they encounter the good news of Scripture and realign themselves continually with its powerful truth.
Note: This new edition includes updated design and new video.
Preview the first week of content here.
Sample Video Session
About the Author
Brian D. Russell (PhD) serves as professor of biblical studies and dean of the School of Urban Ministries on the Florida Dunnam campus of Asbury Theological Seminary. Brian’s passion is to study and live out the deepest truths of Scripture so that he can share them lovingly, compellingly, and in transformational ways with others. He is also the author of (re)Aligning with God: Reading Scripture for Church and World (Cascade, 2016) and a three-part study of Psalms for Seedbed’s OneBook Daily-Weekly series. He loves his family and enjoys soccer and healthy eating.
- Length: 10 weeks
- Page count: 249
- DVD accompaniment: Highly encouraged — 10, 20 minute sessions
You May Also Like
- Long Story Short by Josh McNall
- The Epic of Eden by Sandra Richter
- The Absolute Basics by Phil Tallon
- The Great Reversal by Matt LeRoy