Every pastor worth his or her salt knows faith can move mountains. But what about Mount Everest? Because that’s what it feels like for pastors at this moment in history.
This is where the domino effect comes into play. In short, the domino effect unveils a mystery of physics—one domino can tip into and topple another domino up to 1.5 times its height.
Watch the progression:
Domino 1 = 2 inches
Domino 2 = 5.5 inches
Domino 3 = 13.75 inches
Domino 4 = appx. 1 yard
Domino 23 = The Eiffel Tower
Domino 31 = Mount Everest
So pastor, it’s not your skills or your intellect or your experience, but your faith—even the size of a domino that moves the mountain. Your faith has been so battered through these past couple of years. That’s what the Spirit will be fanning back into flame as we gather in January and February—great awakening faith.
Here’s what is in the offing:
- The Domino Effect devotional book by J.D. Walt (mailed to all participants)
- Daily morning meetings with J.D. Walt to walk through the day’s entry from The Domino Effect
- An invitation to a private Facebook Group for ongoing conversation and connection
- Five Thursday afternoon gatherings (Jan. 20, Jan. 27, Feb. 3, Feb. 10, Feb. 17), led by Dr. David Thomas and a series of special guests to encourage one another and foster the kind of deep restoration we all need for the way ahead in 2022.
- A bonus preaching workshop (date TBD) on The Domino Effect (Colossians), which will run live on the Daily Text between Easter and Pentecost. In other words, you will get to walk through the text at a heart level yourself before preparing to preach it months later to your church.