- Pastors planning for Advent
- Daily devotional readings
Advent Series Kit Contents:
- A softcover copy of Roots: Advent and the Family Story of Jesus
- Access to participate in a three-hour, online Advent Preaching and Worship Planning Workshop on Thurs. Oct. 20 (9am-12pm CT) with Dan Wilt and J.D. Walt—plus a recording of the full workshop afterward
- Sermon planning outlines (PDF)
- Small group study guide (PDF)
- Four weekly small group teaching sessions with Dan Wilt (On-Demand video)
- Artwork, Media Files, Promotional materials for congregational use
- Discounted bulk book orders
About Roots Advent Series Kit
For Advent this year, we’re putting together the best resources we can to help you and your congregation thrive as you do the hard (often unrecognized on earth, but always seen in heaven) work of preaching, teaching, and discipling according to the Story of Jesus.
The books, videos, and initial media files will come your way on August 31, 2022, along with access details for the Oct. 20 workshop.
We look forward to doing Advent together this year!
Order individual copies of the Roots book here.
Order the DVD for the video teaching here.
About the Book
We all come from someone, somewhere, and something—a people, a place, and a story.
So does Jesus.
The heart and mission of Emmanuel, God with us, is more profoundly understood by exploring the well-watered roots that flowered into Jesus’s life as the Word of God made flesh (John 1:14). The roots of Jesus are his family tree and its characters, the land of Israel and its towns and terrain, and the incredible faith-story of God’s covenant people, the Jews.
In Roots: Advent and the Family Story of Jesus, we rediscover that Jesus—born naturally of a mother from a family line herself, and nurtured by a father who knew the names of his own kin many generations into the past (Matthew 1:1–17)—comes from the family vine of the great King David, the son of Jesse, and from a long line of faithful men and women .
The idea known as a “Jesse Tree” will be our map. A Jesse Tree is an approach to the preparation season of Advent, leading us toward Christmas, that encourages us to revisit stories from the Hebrew Bible to help us gain insights into the family line of Jesus and the spiritual mandate of the child born to save the world.
We will draw from both Jesus’ genealogical ancestry and his faith heritage, as we walk together on a journey through the stories of saints and sinners woven into the family line of the Son of God.
- Length: 25 daily entries (begins December 1)
- Book Page count: 81
- Book Trim size: 5×7
- Video accompaniment: Four 20-25 minute videos + optional Introduction (13 minutes)
About the Author
Dan Wilt is an author, worship leader, teacher, and encourager of pastors and creative leaders. Dan has impacted thousands over his three decades in ministry, across diverse streams of the Church in the US, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, and Brazil. He serves on the Seedbed Farm Team as a creator and minister to leaders.