- Small Groups (each week includes a group discussion guide; DVD sold separately)
- Anyone looking to translate their Bible knowledge into mission in community
In these pages you’ll:
- Be inspired to live out your faith in your community
- Find practical ways to practice following Jesus in your day-to-day life
- Explore the Gospel of John through a new lens
- Grow closer as a group as you challenge one another in discipleship
Discipleship is more than a lecture. It’s always been designed for the Lab.
By saying, Come, follow me, Jesus invites us into an active experience, to experiment with what we are learning. Radical discipleship is not as much about what we know as it is about who we are becoming as we walk in obedience to Jesus, into the heart of the Father, in step with the Spirit, out in the thick of culture.
In this nine-week journey through the Gospel of John, participants will take part in their own experiment with discipleship and mission in community. We will engage with the Word, discuss it deeply, and then provoke active practice in response to it. The transforming power of holy love starts within us, but it refuses to stay there. It works its way into every corner of our lives, until it breaks out into the world around us.
The current reality of our discipleship culture is this: We are drowning in information. Yet there is a drought of obedience. It’s time to change that. It’s time to move beyond the lecture and into the Lab.
Sample Video Session
About the Author
Matt LeRoy is a preacher, church planter, and folk theologian. He is co-pastor of Love Chapel Hill, an eclectic church plant in the heart of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. He is married to Sarah and is the proud dad of twin sons, Luke and Sam.
- Length: 9 weeks
- Page count: 126
- DVD accompaniment: Highly Encouraged — 9, 10-20 minute sessions
You May Also Like
- The Intercessory Life by Maxie Dunnam
- The Gospel of John by Ben Witherington III