About the Book
The Holy Spirit: An Introduction is an accessible, introductory-level, systematic treatment of the Holy Spirit that is rooted in Scripture and the historic Christian faith. Its treatment of topics includes the identity of the Holy Spirit as the third person of the Trinity as well as the work of the Holy Spirit in applying the redemptive work of Christ in the life of the collective church and in the individual believer.
Readers will come away with the sound biblical and historic Christian basis for the divine personhood of the Holy Spirit and the optimism of living a Christian life that is free from the power of sin. This results from the graceful reality of the indwelling Spirit, who unites our lives with Christ. This book—The Holy Spirit: An Introduction—drives home our high privilege of having the Holy Spirit restore the image of God in individuals by uniting us to Jesus. It will serve as an indispensable resource for leaders, students, and anyone desiring to deepen their understanding of the Holy Spirit.
About the Author
Matt Ayars (PhD, St. John’s College of Nottingham) is the President of Wesley Biblical Seminary in Ridgeland, MS. Prior to serving at WBS, Matt and his family were career missionaries in Haiti. Matt is the author of numerous books and articles on the topics of the Psalms, Hebrew poetry, Wesleyan theology, and holiness.
- Laypeople seeking to deepen their understanding and experience with the Spirit
- Students in classes studying the person and work of the third person of the Trinity
- Pastors or church leaders needing an accessible reference book
In these pages you will:
- Understand the Spirit’s role in conforming us to the image of Jesus Christ
- Gain confidence in speaking truthfully about the breadth of the Spirit’s activity
- Cherish the personal, empowering grace afforded to every believer
WATCH THE FREE TEACHING VIDEOS
- Page Count: 240
- Trim: 6 x 8
- Videos: Free
You May Also Like:
Receive the Holy Spirit by Dan Wilt
Livestream by Ivan Filby