- Small groups (each week includes a group discussion guide; DVD sold separately)
- Individuals who feel stuck along their spiritual journey
- Wednesday night studies and/or Sunday school classes requiring approximately 60-minutes of meeting time
In these pages you’ll:
- Discover practical ways to unleash the power or prayer in our everyday world
- Grow in deeper relationship as group members gain new awareness of their relationship with God and one another
About the Study
Maxie Dunnam’s six-week study challenges us to get beyond the cozy comforts of a devotional life and break into ways of living prayer that open new horizons of possibility. The Intercessory Life: A Missional Model for Discipleship is the pattern for our interior growth in prayer as well as the outward expression of a missional Christ-life in the world.
The Intercessory Life is about discipleship. To be sure, intercession is prayer, but prayer is only one expression of intercession, though much more. Intercession is the pattern for discipleship. Yes, right now. In your world. In your church. In your home. In a prison. In a school. On the bus. In the office. On the street. This book teaches practical ways to bring the world into the prayer closet and to unleash the power or prayer in our everyday world.
Through his patented way of teaching the Bible, Dunnam inspires faith with personal experience and contemporary witness, providing inspiring and challenging models of persons living an intercessory life who are standing in the gap and taking light into dark places.
God can do a lot through those willing to take risks on the journey of faith. Maxie Dunnam gives us bold guidance in what may be his best work yet.
Preview the first week of content here.
Sample Video Session
About the Author
Maxie D. Dunnam is the former president and chancellor of Asbury Theological Seminary. He is now Senior Pastor Emeritus and Executive Director of CCGlobal at Christ United Methodist Church in Memphis. Dr. Dunnam is a powerful and prolific writer, having authored more than forty books, including the Workbook of Living Prayer, which sold more than one million copies.
- Length: 6 weeks
- Page count: 160
- DVD accompaniment: Optional — 6, 6-10 minute sessions