The writings represented in The John Wesley Collection resourced the early Methodists in their quest to spread the gospel by providing the intellectual and spiritual moorings for the messengers of the movement. Seedbed believes these writings are as relevant to our context today as they were in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Consequently, we consider it a sacred calling to join with those who are recapturing John Wesley’s publishing vision for the twenty-first century.
The John Wesley Collection is Seedbed’s offering to the ongoing Wesleyan tradition, providing rare insight into the heartbeat of a movement whose greatest days are yet to come. With great joy we present these works to you. We encourage you to enter these texts with determination. Readers who persevere will soon find themselves accustomed to the winsome tenor and tempo of Wesley’s voice and vernacular.
The John Wesley Collection set currently includes (a $227.50 value):
- Thirteen Discourses on the Sermon on the Mount
- A Plain Account of Christian Perfection
- From Almost to Altogether: Sermons on Christian Discipleship
- John Wesley and the Letter to the Romans
- The Tongue of Fire of the True Power of Christianity
- Making All Things New: Sermons on the Way of Salvation
- Wesley’s Revision of the Shorter Catechism
- Yearning for the Heavenly Country: Sermons on the Spiritual Realm
- A Christian’s Pattern or a Treatise on the Imitation of Christ
- The Rule and Exercises of Holy Living and Holy Dying
- The Pilgrim’s Progress
- A Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life
Sola sanctus caritas! Amen.