- Small Groups (each week includes a Reflection & Application guide; DVD sold separately)
- Individuals looking to understand and surrender to the transforming work of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
- Someone looking for a follow-up to The Quest for Holiness—From Shallow Belief to Mature Believer and/or The Quest for Holiness—From Deadly Sin to Divine Virtue
About the Study
As disciples of Jesus, how do we live within the holy love of God as he did? How do we develop the faith necessary to face the challenges of living as Christians in a way that honors and glorifies God? This is a journey on which we quickly realize it requires more than just ordinary faith. It requires courageous faith, an ever-deepening faith that flows out of a deep trust in God. This calling is examined as we look at the lives of heroes of the faith such as Abraham, Jeremiah, and Paul, and listen to the words of others who, through the years, have asked the same questions we are to be asking today.
This is the third book in this series. The foundations of spiritual formation are examined in the first book in this series, The Quest for Holiness—From Shallow Belief to Mature Believer. The second book, The Quest for Holiness—From Deadly Sin to Divine Virtue, invites the reader to prayerfully reflect on Holy Spirit—led transformation into the image of God. Together these books are a resource for anyone truly seeking the image of God in his or her life.
About the Author
David Long started his professional career as a trial lawyer, practicing in Lexington, Kentucky, for fifteen years. He and his wife, Lori, along with their three children, began their twenty-four-year career in missions serving on the Hong Kong field of One Mission Society. In 2004, David was selected as president of the mission and served in that position for ten years. During those years he earned a doctor of ministry in spiritual formation from Asbury Theological Seminary. He and Lori now live in Aiken, South Carolina.
- Length: Seven chapters/seven weeks
- Page count: 120
- Trim size: 5×8
- DVD accompaniment: Optional — 7, 7-9 minute sessions
You May Also Like
- The Call to Holiness by Timothy C. Tennent
- The Quest for Holiness—From Shallow Belief to Mature Believer by David C. Long
- The Quest for Holiness—From Deadly Sin to Divine Virtue by David C. Long
*Church leaders interested in a free preview copy for possible congregational use can email farmteam(at)seedbed.com.