- An Advent study
- Daily devotional readings
- Sunday school classes
- Small groups (including class meetings and band meetings)
- Seedbed Daily Text readers
Church-wide Study Kit Contents:
- (1) Daily Devotional book
- Six video sessions, delivered via DVD and streaming
- Sunday Sermon Outlines, delivered digitally
- Small Group Discussion Guide, delivered digitally
- Children’s Teaching Plans, delivered digitally
- Youth Teaching Plans, delivered digitally
About The Advent Mission
Advent is about beginning with the end: preparing for the final stage of God’s new mission that resulted from our mission failure.
For many of us, Advent is the launching pad to Christmas morning; a twenty-four-day countdown to stockings and presents. We don’t think about Advent as first being about the second coming. After all, it’s been two millennia since Christ was born, crucified, rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and sent the Holy Spirit. And for two thousand years, we’ve been living somewhere between forgetting about or fretting over his return.
John 3:16-17 gives us Christ’s mission: “For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it” (1996 NLT).
Jesus’ silent-night arrival in the manger is the first part of that mission. His trumpet-blasting arrival in the clouds is the last part. Taking the two seasons together, Omar Rikabi shows how preparing for this kind of Advent before we celebrate Christmas is how we get in on God’s rescue mission.
- Length: Six sessions/sermons which begin December 1st and go through Epiphany
- Book Page count: 119
- Book Trim size: 5×7
- DVD accompaniment: Optional, six, 6-10 minute videos
- Sermon Outlines, Small Group Discussion Guide, Youth Teaching Plans, Children’s Teaching Plans: six weeks each, delivered digitally
You May Also Like:
- Soundtrack: A Forty Day Playlist Through the Psalms by J.D. Walt
- Listen to Him (Church-wide Lenten Study Kit) by J.D. Walt