- Daily devotional readings
- Sunday school classes
- Small groups (including class meetings and band meetings)
- Seedbed Daily Text readers
In these pages you’ll:
- Be challenged to make the Word of God your first word and last word each day
- Look at verses and passages that demonstrate the authority of Scripture in our lives
- Read a text, pray, and reflect on questions (all provided)
About the Book
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever. Isaiah 40:8.
Consider the stark simplicity and brazen boldness of this word from the prophet Isaiah. Everything is ephemeral. Only one thing is eternal: The Word of God. Can we possibly be reminded enough that everything around us is passing away save one thing: the Word of God? Can I possibly be encouraged enough to build my life on the singular enduring reality of the Word of God? First Word. Last Word. God’s Word.
This is the point of this 28-entry book. Each day we will gather around a different text from somewhere across the Bible. The invitation will be to allow the Scripture text itself to speak both the first and the last word of our day. Write the text for the day in a journal, on a notecard, a white board, a chalk board, and make it a simple act of worship each morning to read it aloud as the first word of the day and to read it aloud at the close as the last word of the day.
Along the way we will reflect together on how to increase the priority and prominence and wovenness of the Word of God in our every day lives. If we will give ourselves to the gentle work of this way of walking together, I suspect we will find pathways of delight and devotion winding through the wilderness of this world and the sanctuaries of our souls we never imagined existed.
About the Author
J.D. Walt serves as the “Sower-in-Chief” for Seedbed whose sole ambition is to “sow for a great awakening,” by developing theological and ministry training resources for the local church. A sought after speaker and conference leader, a published author and songwriter, J.D. is also the voice of Seedbed’s Daily Text. He hails from Dumas, Arkansas and currently resides in Franklin, Tennessee with his family.
- Length: 28 daily readings
- Page count: TBA
- Trim size: 5×8
- DVD accompaniment: No
You May Also Like
- This Is How We Know by J.D. Walt
- Soundtrack: A Forty Day Playlist Through the Psalms by J.D. Walt
- The First Real Christian by J.D. Walt