- Daily devotional readings
- Sunday school classes
- Small groups (including class meetings and band meetings)
- Seedbed Daily Text readers
In these pages you’ll:
- Understand dominos as a metaphor for the tipping points of transforming faith
- Make new connections throughout the book of Colossians
- Playfully stand these texts end over end, and invite them to tip your faith to the next level
About the Book
When people mention ‘the domino effect, they are typically talking about setting up regular dominos into some kind of design in order to tip the first one and begin a chain reaction. But there’s another type of domino effect in which a 2-inch tall domino can topple a larger domino, which can topple an even larger domino, and by the thirty-first domino you knocked over something 3,000 feet higher than Mt. Everest.
And so it is with Colossians, a treasure trove of proverbial dominos, each holding enormous capacity to topple things far exceeding its size. When arranged together they hold the possibility of tipping fresh movements of awakening. That’s what happened from the moment Jesus began calling disciples to follow him. One life tipped into another life, which tipped into a family, which tipped into a village, and a town, and a region.
The dominoes tipped from the Upper Room with 120 people to the Day of Pentecost with 3,000 and all the way to the present day and some two billion Christians around the world. The dominoes are still falling. Impossible things keep happening. And Great Awakenings are still on the horizon.
About the Author
J.D. Walt serves as the “Sower-in-Chief” for Seedbed whose sole ambition is to “sow for a great awakening,” by developing theological and ministry training resources for the local church. A sought after speaker and conference leader, a published author and songwriter, J.D. is also the voice of Seedbed’s Daily Text. He hails from Dumas, Arkansas and currently resides in Franklin, Tennessee with his wife and children.
- Length: 60 days
- Page count: TBA
- Trim size: 5×8
- DVD accompaniment: No.
You May Also Like
- This Is How We Know by J.D. Walt
- Soundtrack: A Forty Day Playlist Through the Psalms by J.D. Walt