- Sunday school classes
- Weeknight small groups
In these pages you’ll:
- Discover how the psalms of the Bible can translate to your daily life
- Allow the psalms to help you find words to express yourself to God when you are unsure of how to pray
- Learn the historical context in which the psalms were written, adding to their richness
About the Study
The book of Psalms is often quoted and cliched, but much less often contextualized. When we understand the Psalter relative to the circumstances in which it was written, we find a rich resource for God’s people. Through these prayers, God both speaks to us and models how we might speak back to Him. At its core, the book of Psalms is an instructional guide to a moment-by-moment walk with God through the world.
Through text and video teaching, Dr. Brian Russell introduces readers to Book 1 of the Psalms (Psalm 1-41) with humility and in anticipation of finding fresh astonishment and sustenance in these God-inspired prayers.
Preview the first week here.
Sample Video Session
About the Author
Dr. Brian Russell is Dean of the School of Urban Ministries and Professor of Biblical Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary. He is also a consultant and speaker on the missional interpretation of Scripture and creating a missional ethos in communities of faith.
- Length: 12 weeks
- Page count: 164
- DVD accompaniment: Highly encouraged — 12, 7-11 minute sessions
You May Also Like
- OneBook: Invitation by Brian Russell
- Psalms ∙ Part 2 by Brian Russell (OneBook Daily-Weekly)
- Soundtrack by J.D. Walt
- Other Daily-Weekly studies