- Sunday school studies
- Weeknight groups
- Individual study
- Pastor’s library
In these pages you’ll:
- Gain a deeper Christian appreciation of God’s Ten Commandments to his people Israel
- Learn the meaning of the two sacraments—baptism and communion
- Discover the value of the prayer that Jesus taught his disciples to pray (the “Lord’s Prayer”)
- Be challenged to think theologically and practically about these core elements of our faith
About the Book
The Christian faith is rooted in both what we believe and how we are to live. Ten Words, Two Signs, One Prayer: Core Practices of the Christian Faith is an exploration of the practices and shared life which we celebrate together as Christians. It follows a long tradition of discipleship and catechesis in focusing on the Ten Commandments, the two sacraments of baptism and Communion, and the Lord’s Prayer. This book serves as the third, and final installment, in a series of books dedicated to catechesis. The earlier books, This We Believe! and Thirty Questions, focused on the Apostles’ Creed and the core beliefs of Christians. Together, these three volumes set forth the basic core of Christian discipleship. These are designed to be practical resources for a small group study, a guide for parents in training their children, a personal devotional guide, or a core sermon series for pastors.
About the Author
Timothy C. Tennent (PhD) is the President of Asbury Theological Seminary and a Professor of Global Christianity. His works include Invitation to World Missions: A Trinitarian Missiology for the Twenty-first Century and Theology in the Context of World Christianity: How the Global Church Is Influencing the Way We Think about and Discuss Theology. He blogs at timothytennent.com and can be followed on twitter @TimTennent.
- Length: Part One – 10 chapters; Part Two – 3 chapters; Part Three – 6 chapters
- Pages: 116
- Trim size: 5×7
You May Also Enjoy
- How God Saves the World by Timothy Tennent
- The Fulfillment: Jesus and the Old Testament by Timothy Tennent
- Thirty Questions: A Short Catechism by Timothy Tennent
- The Call to Holiness by Timothy Tennent
*Church leaders interested in a free preview copy for possible congregational use can email farmteam(at)seedbed.com.