- Sunday school classes
- Weeknight groups
- Individual study
In these pages you’ll:
- Gain fresh and focused insights into the Gospel of Mark
- Learn how to study the Bible afresh
- Appreciate the Gospel of Mark as a literary whole
- Be challenged with daily provocations for personal study and reflection
- Learn from a dynamic and passionate teacher of the Bible
About the Book
When people finally get a grasp on the big sweeping story of Scripture and understand how it all fits and works together, they usually want to dig deeper. When the Word of God is taught well, it creates a growing hunger for yet more understanding. That’s why we’ve created OneBook: A Biblical Journey. A Biblical Journey offers a Bible learning resource spanning across a seven-year process.
Each year consists of a 32-week journey through a focused segment of the Bible. Students will engage in a workbook with short study assignments six days a week and a weekly gathering where they will watch a video teaching session and discuss the week’s materials. While The Biblical Journey is accessible to entry-level Bible learners, it calls for a greater length of commitment and higher degree of fidelity to daily practice.
Each annual lesson plan is broken down into 32-week chunks of largely video-centric teaching material, each focusing comprehensively on different areas of scripture, with participants spending anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to an hour in the daily exercises throughout the week. The Gospel of Mark by Dr. Joseph Dongell, the first release of the OneBook Biblical Journey study, includes:
- 32 weekly lessons (requiring a two-hour group session each week)
- A weekly 50-minute teaching video by Dr. Joseph Dongell (for use during the group session)
- A companion student workbook (for use in personal daily study and during the weekly video session)
- Supporting online resources for additional study and reference
With OneBook: The Biblical Journey, Seedbed is raising the bar on bible study for groups ready to commit to an exciting, robust biblical journey.
About the Author
Joseph Dongell (PhD) is Professor of Biblical Studies and Director of Greek Studies at Asbury Theolgoical Seminary. As an ordained elder in the Wesleyan Church, Joseph has maintained an active ministry in that denomination as an associate pastor and a regular adult Sunday school teacher. He and his wife, Regina, have two children.
- Length: 32 chapters/weeks
- Page count: 308
- Trim size: 8.5×11
You May Also Enjoy
- The Epic of Eden: Understanding the Old Testament by Sandy Richter
- The Gospel of Mark (Daily-Weekly) by Brad Johnson
- The Letter to the Romans (Daily-Weekly) by Ben Witherington
Note: A biblically qualified teacher is not required to lead the sessions. The leader’s role primarily will be to engage in careful and intentional preparation of each class session as well as attention to time management, good use of discussion time, and ability to ensure full participation by all group members. The core resource, however, will be designed to provide its own academic authority without the convener being required to be an expert on the subject matter being presented.
For bulk purchases, use the discount code corresponding with the number of books being ordered:
- SB005: 5% off 5-9 copies
- SB015: 15% off 10-19 copies
- SB020: 20% off 20-49 copies
- SB025: 25% off 50-99 copies
- SB030: 30% off 100-499 copies
- SB040: 40% off 500+ copies