- Anyone struggling with sexual sin
- Discipleship Bands
In these pages you’ll:
- Deepen your relationship with God
- Grow in intimacy with others
- Understand basic principles of sexual brokenness
- Learn effective prayer practices
About the Book
Maintaining purity fo heart in a sex-saturated world is a challenge for all believers. Sensuality has always grabbed our attention, but with the Internet, explicit and highly addictive material is jus ta click away. A glance becomes a gaze, a gaze can become an obsession, and obsession unchecked can bring the chains of addiction. Getting free can be maddening.
But freedom is possible! Studies reveal that abstinence from addictive behavior for ninety days can place you on a new plateau of victory. But you can’t do it alone. Gritting your teeth and making more promises leads only to disillusionment and despair. Banding together with a few trusted friends, however, is a key to liberation.
Arm in arm with a few others, this approach goes beyond mere sin management and aims for the root issues that feed sexual obsession. Are you ready for a journey toward purity of heart?
Preview the first lesson of content here.
About the Author
Dr. Mark Ongley counseled hundreds of people with varying issues of sexual brokenness. He is the author of Into the Light: Healing Sexuality in Today’s Church (Seedbed, 2016). Doctor Ongley and his wife, Lauri, live in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, where he pastors a United Methodist congregation of people in recovery.
- Length: 13 lessons/chapters
- Page count: 157
- DVD accompaniment: No
You May Also Enjoy
- Into the Light: Healing Sexuality in Today’s Church by Mark Ongley
- Seeing Black and White in a Gray World by Bill Arnold
- Homosexuality and the Church by Howard Snyder
- About Abortion: 10 Things a New Generation of Christians Should Know by James Heidinger