- Married couples to read together
- Couples small groups
- Those with a familiarity with Catholic and Anglican sacraments, liturgy, and iconography
In these pages you’ll:
- Discover how the church sacraments have significant meaning for our everyday marriages
- Begin to discover how domestic church is key to the re-evangelization of North America
- Learn what it means to witness to the community by first witnessing at home
About the Book
In Signs of Love, Msgr. Renzo Bonetti tells us that married couples are “books of God written in flesh.” Through the iconography of ordinary marriages, Bonetti shows us how married love—the “great mystery” St. Paul writes about in Ephesians 5—can make us present to the very heart of the church itself. To understand the Trinity, he says, we should look to the lives of Christian couples as they reenact Jesus’ self-sacrifice at Calvary.
Through its powerful examination of church sacraments—baptism, confirmation, forgiveness, eucharistic union, and last rights—Signs of Love shows us that these “outward, visible signs of inward, invisible grace” are not just for Sunday but, when incarnated in the life of the married couple, vital tools for discipleship and evangelism.
Preview the first chapter here.
About the Author
Monseigneur Renzo Bonetti leads Mistero Grande, a foundation that raises awareness for the purpose of the family in this and future generations. He was previously director of the National Office for the Pastoral Care of the Family of the Italian Conference of Bishops. He also served as the consultant of the Pontifical Council for the Family at the Vatican, where he created a graduate program on the spirituality of marriage and the family in collaboration with the John Paul II Institute.
His work identifying new family participation in the life of the local church led to a growing movement of more than three hundred “little churches.” These are led by married couples called Family Community Evangelism scattered in approximately twenty-five dioceses in Italy, Romania, and now taking shape in the United States through the Amore Project. He lives near Verona Italy.
- Length: 8 chapters/weeks of study
- Page count: 146
- Video accompaniment: No
You May Also Like
- Marriage Incubator by Marilyn Elliott and Kelly Grace
- Grow at Home by Winfield Bevins
- Other Fresh Expressions titles