- The season of Lent
- Worship pastors
- Group study (accompanying reflection/discussion questions at the end of each daily devotional)
- Individuals desiring to grow their understanding of the Psalms in a unique way
In these pages you’ll:
- Experience a daily reflection on a psalm of lament
- Discover what it means to rekindle the ancient practice of singing the psalms
- Be able to listen to a free accompanying soundtrack in which some of our songwriter friends have set daily psalm to music
About the Book
There’s a soundtrack at the center of the Scriptures. It’s called The Psalms.
The Psalms are songs, written not for reading but singing. What if we could sing them again, claiming the Psalms as the soundtrack of our lives? In this forty-day devotional guide, J. D. Walt shows us a way.
Each daily entry begins with a psalm followed by a short reflection; not a list of things to do, but a simple plan to invite the Holy Spirit to weave melody and message into your day. And yes, we will provide melodies here at seedbed.com/soundtrack for each day so you can sing along.
Devotional themes designed to spark study and discussion include:
- Understanding the Psalms as a Sing-Along Rather than a Solo Performance
- Why Optimism Isn’t the Solution for Pessimism
- Why Queen’s We Are the Champions Is Actually a Lament
- The Journey from Born This Way to Born Again
When we sing the Psalms, we join our voices with the singer and the songwriter of all the ages past and all eternity to come, Jesus Christ. Nothing has the power to unite people and generations like singing the Word of God. It’s time we start singing the Psalms again.
New for 2021, J.D. Walt has recorded seven video teaching sessions that could be used with Sunday school classes, home groups, or small groups. These will be included digitally with every Soundtrack book order, making it easy for you to follow along, even if your church and/or groups aren’t currently meeting in person.
Preview the first five days of readings.
Listen to the music at seedbed.com/soundtrack.
About the Author
J.D. Walt serves as the “Sower-in-Chief” for Seedbed whose sole ambition is to “sow for a great awakening,” by developing theological and ministry training resources for the local church. A sought after speaker and conference leader, a published author and songwriter, J.D. is also the voice of Seedbed’s Daily Text. He hails from Dumas, Arkansas and currently resides with his family in Franklin, Tennessee.
- Length: 40 days
- Page count: 185
- Trim size: 5×8
- DVD accompaniment: Digital videos included free with book purchase
- Music: Accompanying music is available free at seedbed.com/soundtrack
You May Also Like
- With Jesus in the Upper Room by Maxie Dunnam
- Listen to Him by J.D. Walt
- This Is How We Know by J.D. Walt
Learn more and sing the Psalms at seedbed.com/soundtrack.