- Sunday school classes
- Weeknight small groups
- Individual study
In these pages you’ll:
- Explore some well-known passages of the Gospel of Mark through the lens of the context in which they were written
- Be challenged to move from merely understanding the historical gospel text to being transformed by it in the here and now
- Take a closer look at the breadth and depth of God’s grace through Jesus
About the Study
Few (if any) written works have more profoundly altered the landscape of human history than the four Gospel accounts of the life and teaching of Jesus. The Gospel According to Mark stands among those works. Despite its small size relative to the others, Mark’s Gospel is a monumental piece of historical and theological reflection on the most influential person ever to walk the face of the Earth.
Over the course of 12 weeks, Dr. Brad Johnson will guide learners through Mark’s narration of the events leading up to and immediately following the life of Jesus. Under the power and inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Mark has artfully created reading cues that will direct the study to a depth of understanding we may not have yet reached.
And although understanding is an important goal, it is not our ultimate one. Anyone who picks up and reads the Gospel of Mark is bound to experience something greater, something richer, and something infinitely more valuable: transformation.
Preview the first week of content here.
Sample Video Session
About the Author
Prior to teaching at Asbury Seminary, Brad served as a youth and family pastor in Indiana from 1991-2004. After completing his Master’s degrees in 2005, Brad began serving as a Teaching Fellow for Asbury Seminary, where he attained the rank of Instructor in 2009. Brad and his wife, Christina, have four sons.
- Length: 12 weeks
- Page count: 166
- DVD accompaniment: Highly encouraged — 12, 7-10 minute sessions
You May Also Like
- Other Daily-Weekly studies
- The Gospel of Jesus by Ben Witherington
- John Wesley and the Letter to the Romans