About the Book
Jude (a.k.a. Judas) and the biblical letter that bears his name have been sidelined for centuries. But his personal history teaches us about the complicated relationship between faith and family and between Judaism and Christianity. His letter’s backstory inspires conﬁdence that it is a trustworthy addition to the Bible. His letter’s teachings about Jesus, spirituality, sexuality, community, and the afterlife have plenty of contemporary relevance. This book explores all these topics and more in a fast-paced conversational style that connects with popular culture and history—from football to fantasy ﬁlms and from John Wesley to Star Wars! Each chapter ends with discussion questions, making this book perfect for individual or group study.
Preview Book here.
Week 1 Video Preview
About the Author
Dr. Jerome Van Kuiken (PhD, University of Manchester) grew up as a missionary kid and preacher’s kid, and brings a wealth of practical experience to his teaching. He has served in local church ministries and taught college-level courses since 2000. He is married with two children.
- Personal study and growth
- Small groups and neighborhood studies
- Sunday school classes
In these pages you’ll:
- Jude’s role as Jesus’s half-sibling
- Why the book of Jude is so important for the church today
- What we stand to lose as believers if Jude is overlooked
- Jude’s teachings on salvation
Book includes discussion questions at the end of each chapter (teaching DVDs or video stream available and sold separately)
- Page count: 178
- DVD accompaniment: Highly encouraged — 8, 30-35 minute sessions
You May Also Like
- Between You and Me by J.D. Walt
- OneBook: The Letter of James by Abson Joseph
- The First Real Christian (The Seedbed Daily Text: James) by J.D. Walt