- Sunday school classes
- Weeknight small groups
In these pages you’ll:
- Discover how the psalms of the Bible can translate to your daily life
- Allow the psalms to help you find words to express yourself to God when you are unsure of how to pray
- Learn the historical context in which the psalms were written, adding to their richness
About the Study
The Psalter is God’s prayer book for His people. It contains praise and prayers for all seasons and times. This volume guides the reader through Books IV and V of the Psalms. Psalms 90-150 serve to rebuild faith and hope by reorienting God’s people with the themes of God’s kingship, steadfast love, and guidance through history. These psalms teach God’s people to worship, to live faithfully, and to prepare for His good future wherein all creation will join God’s people in praising the Lord for who He is and what He has done. By studying the Psalms, participants will be equipped and inspired to live out a moment-by-moment walk with God through the world as His witnesses.
“Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them.” (Psalm 111:2)
Preview the first week here.
Sample Video Session
About the Author
Dr. Brian Russell is Dean of the School of Urban Ministries and Professor of Biblical Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary. He is also a consultant and speaker on the missional interpretation of Scripture and creating a missional ethos in communities of faith.
- Length: 8 weeks
- Page count: 96
- DVD accompaniment: Highly encouraged — 8, 6-8 minute sessions
You May Also Like
- OneBook: Invitation by Brian Russell
- Psalms ∙ Part 1 by Brian Russell (OneBook Daily-Weekly)
- Soundtrack by J.D. Walt
- Other Daily-Weekly studies