- Small Groups (each week includes a Reflection & Application guide; DVD sold separately)
- Individuals looking to understand and surrender to the transforming work of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
- Someone looking for a follow-up to ï»¿The Quest for Holiness—From Shallow Belief to Mature Believer
In these pages you’ll:
- Explore the application of the foundational truths to our life, using the seven deadly sins and seven virtues as a template
- Learn what it looks like to journey back to the center of God’s will for our life
- Gain an understanding of the Holy Spirit and his hand in our sanctification
About the Book
What does it really mean to be a follower of Jesus? How is the ungodly nature within us to be transformed into the image of God? These are among the questions that have stirred serious believers since the early days of the church, leading to the template of seven sins and their counterparts: seven virtues. How is pride seen in our life, and how is this replaced by the virtue of humility? How does the follower of Jesus grow from anger to patience, from envy to brotherly love? These couplets contrast the nature of a life lived for the glory of self versus a life lived for the glory of God.
The foundations of spiritual formation are examined in the first book The Quest for Holiness—From Shallow Belief to Mature Believer, anchoring God’s plan for our transformation in his revelation that we are created in his image. Theology is meant to not only be understood but also to be lived out. Thus, this second book delves into the application of spiritual truths into the daily life of a disciple of Jesus, with the purpose that as followers of Jesus we will grow into greater love of God and love of our neighbor.
About the Author
David C. Long began his professional career as a trial lawyer, practicing in Lexington, Kentucky, for fifteen years. He and his wife, Lori, accepted the call to take the gospel to the ends of the earth. This led them and their three children to the Hong Kong field into a missionary career of more than twenty years. He was selected as president of his mission organization, One Mission Society, a position in which he served for ten years. During those years, he earned a doctor of ministry in spiritual formation from Asbury Theological Seminary.
- Length: 8 chapters and/or 8 weeks of group study
- Page count: 120
- Trim size: 5×8
- DVD accompaniment: Optional — 7, 7-9 minute sessions
You May Also Like
- The Call to Holiness by Timothy C. Tennent
- The Quest for Holiness—From Shallow Belief to Mature Believer by David C. Long
*Church leaders interested in a free preview copy for possible congregational use can email farmteam(at)seedbed.com.